Tuesday, October 5, 2010

buzzin

let me tell you how this all started... the jazzy java truck on the side of the road; or that's how i see it at least. it's not really a truck, and it's not really called jazzy java but that's beside the point. i don't think people who work at coffee places can ever understand why someone would come there, and then not want coffee. this, in turn, causes them to get orders wrong. always. how do you make sense that you want white hot chocolate, but you want it blended, not hot. and not chocolate. white chocolate. the people at dairy queen understand me just fine when i tell them i want a frozen hot chocolate. but they are not coffee connoisseurs, they are blizzard connoisseurs.

obviously the brain dead kid got my cousin and mine's orders wrong. i'm not so savvy on the coffee lingo, he didn't quite understand and kept asking me all these questions. apparently tan means both white and normal chocolate, so be aware, because my unawareness of this new language disabled me from leading him back onto the track of my real order. so we got coffee. and it was so gross. we stopped at the gas station and smuggled out tons those little coffee creamers. then we drank it all. first mistake.

we went back the next day, determined to get our orders right. and we met bailey beck. we told her what we wanted and she went on and on about how awesome she made our drinks, and told us about how she put some bailey cream in it (whatever that is) extra chocolate and double shots that would have us up forever. her enthusiasm made me question her sobriety, and really question this secret bailey cream. but i can never say no to someone so excited, so i accepted her drink while she continued to rant and rave and told her that it was wonderful. but wait, it really was wonderful, not what i intended to order, but wonderful. and we drank it all. i was buzzing and bouncing head to toe the whole rest of my time at work. second mistake

so we tried a third time. bored of my story yet? i am. the third times a charm because for some reason they got the order right. and do you know what? i was disappointed. i wanted my coffee.

so here i am, digging through my pockets for change to get those way tasty caramel frappes from mcdonalds. dang that bailey beck who works at that jazzy java truck is good.

1 comment: