Wednesday, January 6, 2010

what's the difference


once upon a time my sister babysat some crazy kids for like a week. we bonded over their kittens. so i guess they thought that put them on a "we are now able to rudely awaken anna from her perfect nap" status. in my own house, in my own room, in my own bed. to add insult to injury, through the jumping and screaming it caused my blankets to stir, which revealed my sleeping partner; a stuffed otter. once the 8, or 6, or 10, what's the difference she was a tiny human who looked like she was five years old. once she caught sight of it, it put her in a rage of laughter. i demanded to know what was so funny, and she pointed at my otter. what kind of world do we even live in now? what do the tiniest of humans sleep with these days? cell phones and fergie songs? so for christmas, my mom turned one of our trees into an "animal tree" i thought it was just a joke when she told me to go get my otter for the "animal tree" but then when i finally brought it up to her, i watcher her as she tied a ribbon around its neck and set it down by a bunch of random other stuffed animals with ribbons and bows as well. i was kinda speechless when i first saw it to tell you the truth, i didn't know if i wanted to laugh at how crazy it was, or cry at how beautiful it was. then she ordered me to go get my "woof" (how she says wolf) stuffed animals as well. i wish i had a picture. anyway the point is that i have been sleeping solo since then. which isn't completely true because i got a precious baby wolf from a precious friend
here we are.

my otter was returned the other night, and they get along wonderfully. stuffedanimals=good

i survived through yet another statement day at work. for those of you who are unaware of the awfulness it contains just know that all it amounts to are bleeding fingers and losing your mind fold by fold, envelope by envelope and that one day, it will be the death of me. i was lucky enough though to have an amazing angel show up, just as i was planning all the ways i could kill myself with surrounding office supplies, bearing the best tiniest oranges nonetheless, and help me collect myself, and put a move on. funny how such a bad thing can turn into such a great thing with the right company. i'm so very thankful to have such great friends. i love you guys.

1 comment: