Tuesday, April 6, 2010

isn't it about time?

i have been very very blessed with an amazing supply of friends. so, if you've had a birthday (even if it was in the last like last month?) shout hooray, cause this one goes out to you.

i'm a firm believer of things to come after a birthday. like presents and blogs. because it's like... one day. your birthday is only one day then it's like shoot... what? then all a sudden oh HERE for your birthday and it's like joy all over again and this is my attempt at excusing my lousy friendness, so please forgive me. better late than never though, right?

so if you want to talk about a person who always has your best interest at heart, then let's talk about my friend ali. because i love to talk about her, and i love to talk to her, and i just love her. also because she is totally that person. from the moment i met her she's always been concerned about my happiness, and is genuinely happy with me and for me. not only does she care about me being happy, but she makes me happy. really though, i love hanging out with her and the time we spend. a minute that goes by without laughter is very seldom, and we've got some pretty freakin good ideas about all kinds of things if anyone is interested. i've always loved her advice, it's the best. she thinks about things very logically, and makes good smart decisions, something that i am not so good at so i'm real glad i've got her to help me. she's a very smart girl. she's someone who cares quite a bit. maybe more than that. when she says pissed she never really means pissed (you know she's seriously mad when she says "like what the hell" then you're in trouble just for your fyi) when she says things weird her out, they really don't, when she says no way, she's not being serious. but this is where it gets tricky, because sometimes she really does mean those things, and the fun part is figuring out which times she means which, i've gotten pretty decent at it through plenty of trial and error. she'll tell you she isn't patient but don't listen to her because even through all my crazy antics she's still around. still don't make her wait though. i'm always grateful for that. i tell her time and time again that we're not friends by chance. and i tell her time and time again how great she is, hoping that she can know it, because i know it. i feel so happy talking about her because she's just such a good person. i'm just smiling like some sort of creep but she has always been an example to me, without purposefully doing it. and lately she's been trying to teach me life lessons such as you don't need to take two hours to get to the chickenfila and it's not that hard to choose what kind of treat you want. did i mention she's a looker?

proof: seriously pretty. one of my many favorites. use caution when standing next to her.
also she's nice and let's me play with her cool cat, since i can't have one.

DID I MENTION SHE
CAN DANCE?!


proof: this is the only proof i have but check it out.
she can do anything.

honestly there's just no way i could mention all that i want to or can even think of wanting to, and you probably think i'm over-exaggerating but i'm telling you, this girl is capable of doing amazing things. she's got a full load and busy with all kinds of things and i am blown away at her ability to keep it all together so well despite it all. i could go on and on and on, but she would tell me to get to sleep. always lookin out for me. but i have this theory that everyone should know her. i know that everyone would benefit from it. because i have a tremendous amount. more than she'll ever know. we make really good friends i've always thought, but it's mostly because of her. i love you and thanks ali cat, for all you do.


oh yeah. she reminds me to cut my nails.

1 comment: